We are seeking to recruit a highly driven, exceptional and visionary business leader with good professional and ethical standing to fill the position of Chief Executive Officer.
Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Chief Executive Officer will be responsible for the implementation of the strategic, operational and financial plans of the SACCO. Main purpose of the position: The Chief Executive Officer oversees SACCO operations (SACCO and group investments held in trust), gives strategic guidance and direction to management, staff and builds a culture of high performance to ensure that the SACCO effectively and efficiently achieves its mission and objectives.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide leadership and administration of SACCO operations; retaining and motivating employees.
2. Keep the Board apprised of SACCO activities, compliance with investment management constraints, organizational developments.
3. Establishing an effective system of internal controls to support the operations of the SACCO.
4. Provide strategic advice and guidance to the Board and staff.
5. Formulation, monitoring and implementation of the SACCO’s plans (short, medium and long term) relating to the Strategic planning and organizational governance effectiveness.
6. Support the Board with current awareness about possible threats to the SACCO’s business and put in place measures to provide for and mitigate such contingencies.
7. Initiate and sustain partnerships, identify donors and other stakeholders who are active in microfinance-related activities.
8. Develop an investment strategy and mandate structure, including adequate functions for investment support, internal control and IT infrastructure for investment management operations.
9. Implementing an effective risk management system for the SACCO.
10. Develop and maintain research and development programmes for the SACCO to remain on top of industry developments.
11. Develop and maintain total quality management systems to ensure that the best possible products and services are provided to the SACCO customers.
12. Develop and maintain an effective marketing and public relations strategy to promote the products, services and image of the SACCO.
13. Advise the Board on creative ways of improving member welfare and coordinate related activities including Annual General Meetings.
14. Represent the SACCO in negotiations with customers, suppliers, relevant government departments and other key actors to secure the most effective terms for the SACCO and at external events.
15. Promoting the principles of good corporate governance while fostering a corporate culture that promotes ethical practices. Ensure compliance with all statutory and regulatory requirements of the SACCO laws, regulations and by-laws.
Ideal Candidate should possess:
- Bachelor’s degree Business Administration, Economics, Statistics, Actuarial Science, Finance, Social Science or related field gained from a recognized University. A Master’s Degree in Business Administration (MBA) or related post graduate degree is desirable. • Possession of a professional certification in accounting or investment (CPA/CFA) will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 7 years of experience in a management position, at least 3 years of which should preferably be in a similar environment. • Proven record of success in general or commercial management at a senior level, preferably in a related industry; Experience in entrepreneurship or any other relevant field is an added advantage.
- Dynamic and highly credible leader who has had progressive administrative responsibilities throughout his/her career and has demonstrated success in leadership roles.
- Demonstrable experience in delivering strategy with tangible results: must have held leadership position in organizations with asset base of at least Ugx 15 Billion.
- A wide knowledge and excellent understanding of Uganda’s financial services and microfinance sector and cooperative regulatory framework and best practices.
- A broad understanding of financial management with high level of financial and commercial awareness. • Excellent presentation skills with an appreciation of the demands of conflicting member interests and of meeting statutory requirements.
- Being a member of SteadFin SACCO is an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, analytical, problem-solving and organizational skill, able to relate well to a wide range of constituencies.
- Demonstrate passion and strong commitment to the entity’s mission, values, and vision with unquestionable integrity and excellent customer care and service.
Duty Location: This position will be based in Kampala with occasional travel upcountry
Please submit an electronic application to email@example.com . The application must contain a cover letter, an updated copy of your resume with the contacts of three referees and copies of your academic documents and must be submitted by Friday 19th November, 2021, 5:00 pm